Founder, Mentor, Elem Main Guide & Adolescent Studies Guide
Vidya Shankar is a Child Rights Practitioner and Montessori Specialist with the TN Commission for Protection of Child Rights. She is the Founder of the CASCADE Family Learning Cooperative, which functioned previously under her Organisation – Relief Foundation. She continues to guide the newly formed Society, in her role as a mentor and advisor.
In her previous avatar, Vidya was a Chemical Engineer. However, she has since swapped those robes in favor of a more rewarding one which seeks to create safe spaces and communities for children. In the last fifteen years, she has been a part of an Adoptive Families Support Group, SuDatta, a Member of the Juvenile Justice Board and has served as the Chairperson of Chennai District’s Juvenile Welfare Board besides being an active proponent of Children’s issues especially quality and meaningful education.
She also conducts workshops on Juvenile Justice, Laws related to children and is experienced in training teachers up to middle school level on child rights and school reforms to make them child friendly and parent participative. She also offers parenting and educational counselling sessions over distance and in person.
She has completed her AMI Elementary Montessori (for 6-12 years old children) Diploma and Post Graduate Diploma in Child Rights Law from National Law School, Bangalore. More about Vidya…..
Hari Kumar Venkatramani
Hari is an Engineer from National Institute of Technology, Trichy. After a short stint in the software field, he decided to enter the field of Education. He did AMI International Diploma for 3-6 years old children in Bombay. After working for an year, he did his AMI International Diploma for 6-12 years old children from Navadisha Montessori Foundation in Chennai. He has been with Relief Foundation since 2015.
Additional Resource Persons:
- Ms. Ramya Karthik – Elementary Guide
- Ms. Vimala Vittal – Biology
- Mr. N.Raghupathy- Statistics
- Harikumar Venkatramani – Higher Maths
- Ms. Deepa (Art, Economics, Business Studies, Accountancy, Commerce)
- Dr. Chandra Shekhar Balachandran ( Social Sciences and Cultural Geography)
- Ms. Vidya Shankar – Physics, Chemistry, Art, Life Skills
- Mr. Viswanathan, Mr.Parandaman, Mr.Mani – Agriculture
- Mr. Murugan – Gardening and composting.
- Ms.Saraswathi Krishnan – Hindi and Culture
- Ms.Vidyalakshmi Anand – Tamil and Culture
- Ms.Kamakshi – Sanskrit and Culture
- Ms. Vanditha Chakravarthy – Homescience and Interior design
- Mr. Ramu – Carpentry
- Mr. Pani – Pottery
- Ms.Sujatha Ramalingam , Craft and hand work.
- Ms. Indhu Balaji – Embroidery
- Dr. Reena Sinha – English Language, Literature and culture.
- Mr. J. Murali Krishnan – Advanced Tamizh