Pillars of Cascade
On the child, working on her/his strengths giving time to normalise and scale up academics at their pace.
From the family in the life of the child, including CASCADE's activities.
Study circles for families that create a democratic platform for teachers and parents to discuss freely issues related to educational philosophy, Montessori practices, parenting and classroom challenges.
Towards young families in the community as well as rural areas giving them support on Early Childhood education from birth.
Montessori Education in a Nutshell
- 0 to 6 yrs - Help me do it by myself!
- 6 to 12 yrs - Help me think!
- 12 to 18 - Help me to think with you!
- 18 to 24 yrs - How may I help you?
- To aid Self Discipline, Independence, Communication and Movement of the child
- To empower parents with the information on parenting that aids the child in all of the above.
- To serve the child with an environment that will address his developmental needs.
There are 2 components to the 0-3-year-old age group: A supportive home environment, and a comfortably created toddler community space for the walking children to discover his world by working in it.
Understanding and following the needs of the child, the space is created with his success towards independence. Child Sized Furniture to fit the proportions of her body.
All of the materials and equipment are life-like, assimilating real objects, but once again, small; designed for use by her tiny hands.Learn More
What We Offer
CASCADE works with interested families in setting up the home environment according to the needs of this growing child.
The Toddler Community, 14 to 36 months of age, we provide classroom sessions and parent education for good practices at home. This is a community of walking children with two or more adults to facilitate their daily routine.Learn More
We observe and enhance the 5 age appropriate aspects which are;
- Problem solving abilities
- Fine motor skills
- Gross motor skills
- Social skills
A special team of experienced and seasoned Montessori trainers ensure and develop the above mentioned domains of child development.
- To aid the child in discovering his environment through his senses through sensorial education.
- To create a community that nurtures the well being of young children, at home and in the classroom environment.
- To empower families with information that will help children seamlessly transition between the home and the classroom, especially respectful culture.
The environment at Casa facilitates the child to explore and discover, to collaborate with peers and to take ownership of their education. Materials are scientifically designed to facilitate concentration, coordination, observation and peer interaction.
The Casa program, for children ages 2½ - 6, encourages them to explore and discover, to collaborate with peers, and to take ownership of their education. The program encourages self-directed learning that promotes self-confidence, independent thought and action, and critical thinking while fostering social-emotional and intellectual growth.Learn More
What We Offer
Uninterrupted blocks of work time (typically 3 hours in length) that allow children to work at their own pace and fully immerse themselves in an activity without interruption. The child's work cycle involves selecting an activity, performing it for as long as it remains interesting, winding up the activity and returning it to the shelf as it was when taken, and making another work choice. This cycle respects individual variations in the learning process, facilitates the development of coordination, concentration, observation, peer interaction, independence, and a sense of order while facilitating your child's assimilation of information.
- Exercises of Practical Life
- Sensorial Education
- Cultural Activities
We help the child experience and internalise the alphabets of learning to become a lifelong learner.Learn More
- To offer Cosmic Education for the reasoning mind, to abstract and imagine his Universe as a safe place to grow and learn happily.
- To help him unravel his grand potential as a global citizen and serve Mother Earth as its steward.
- To awaken the understanding of parents about the second plane characteristics so that the child peacefully bonds with his peer community.
The Elementary child is a gatherer of knowledge and hence needs to meet the expansive world that would feed his growing intellect. He thus has one classroom within his learning community and the other in the society outside. He makes leaps in his acquired skills interconnecting various subjects through a Cosmic thread, that are offered in the classroom through materialised abstractions like in the Casa. The elaborate library quenches his thirst for research and contextual writing. He meets members of the society, understands their needs, and makes sincere attempts to address them through his multi age peer group.Learn More
What We Offer
- Geography and physical sciences
- Culture and Humanities
- To provide opportunities in the environment that will launch them into the society as successful adults.
- To help adolescents equip themselves with all the necessary living skills for a productive responsible life.
- To support optimally their discovery of their cosmic purpose, and place in the Universe
The Adolescent at CASCADE is a witness and participant to a number of socially and culturally relevant discussions for his growing personality that hinges on moral development. Field experiences in our rural centres offer deep impressions and systematic understanding of human needs vs earth ethics, combined with a call for action.Learn More
What We Offer
The program is a unique offering on what the students need to know about the world phenomena and how it affects their lives besides what they can act upon as Global Citizens to be the change they wish to see.Interconnections and interdependencies among living and non-living habitants of this universe would be the core of their study.
We bridge the understanding of families about the psychological traits of these land children and their need to stay in a community that provides them the launchpad into the larger society.Sports and extra-curricular activities are a part of their daily life. Carpentry, building masonry, painting, repair and maintenance are all a part of their village residential program.Learn More